The Bid/Contract Administrator is accountable for providing administrative support to Construction Operations, Estimating, Accounting, Finance and Risk Management.
This is a salaried, full time position with benefits.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor various procurement outlets, report potential projects and assist with review of potential projects.
- Maintain schedule of bids and proposals.
- Calculate wage rates.
- Review RFP or bid specifications for project specific requirement.
- Prepare technical submittal packages for bids and proposal.
- Draft specification outlines to facilitate estimating organization.
- Foster relationships and communicate bid requests with trade contractors and suppliers to obtain best value pricing.
- Monitor for and communicate with estimating team addenda. Update bid documents with changes.
- Create shell spreadsheets for master estimate.
- Research and interpret technical and contractual requirements.
- Manage all daily surety relations including bond requests.
- Manage review and approval process of bid general conditions such as insurance and contract.
- Document bid and proposal results.
- Set up new projects in accounting and project management management information systems.
- Assist with buy-out.
- Research project specific trade contract and purchase order requirements and incorporate into agreements as directed by CFO.
- Draft trade contracts and purchase orders.
- Compile contract documents for project team.
- Manage routing and execution of prime contracts.
- Manage procurement, routing and execution of bonds.
- Conduct risk management compliance research, tracking, and filing.
- Execute billing process for prime contracts, trade contracts and purchase orders.
- Track and compile OM&W manuals.
- Assist field operations as needed, including drafting correspondence and tracking various forms of information.
- Utilize integrated Project Management and Accounting system as appropriate for all work.
- Maintain a complete and systematic set of records for all business transactions. Ensure all information is filed correctly.
- Work with confidential material. Protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality.
- Create and maintain an office atmosphere which is inviting to employees, clients, and other business associates.
- Perform duties of Administrative Assistant in their absence.
We realize that every interested candidate might not have all of the desired experience, but here is what we are looking for in terms of experience and skills… the more you have, the better!
- Have basic understanding of federal, state, and municipal procurement law, jurisprudence, and procedures.
- Have general understanding of typical construction contracts and specifications.
- Ability to apply basic mathematic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good concentration and attention to detail.
- Ability to type/keyboard a minimum speed of sixty (60) words per minute.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office for Windows including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in business English: spelling, composition, grammar, punctuation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in combination with the ability to multi-task and perform duties under own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to lift and move up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum five (5) years of specific job-related office experience, pertinent training, and/or combination thereof.
- Valid driver’s license and reasonable driving record.
Opportunity to work in a professional, growing construction company with continued exposure to marquee construction projects. Benefits include competitive salary, bonus potential, Health benefits (medical, dental, vision), life and ADD insurance, HSA-Health Savings Account, PTO-Paid Time Off, Health club membership, 401k retirement plan plus employer matching, employee training, and company social events.
APPLICANTS SHALL APPLY AND RESUMES
- Complete Downloadable Application
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 541.476.3788 ext: 109
- Mail: 3935 Highland Avenue, Grants Pass, Oregon 97526