Season Greetings from Ausland
Is it really time to wrap up another year? It wasn’t that long ago, after partying like it was 1999, we were all going to suffer the technology crash of the Year 2k, and now we have Facebook and Twitter. The supposed crash isn’t looking too bad when you think of it like that.
But for 2017, this has been an amazing year for Ausland. All of us grew tighter as we took on and delivered some epic projects. We continue to proudly be the type of company that builds great relationships and delivers on technically challenging projects. With designers and builders under one-roof solving problems, we are delivering more than our competitors, helping our clients prosper.
Here are a few highlights of the year:
- AllCare Phase I in Grants Pass was totally turned over and the project was awarded the Southern Oregon AIA People’s Choice Award. A true testament to what our integrated team can deliver together! From land acquisition, concept design, civil engineering, to bricks and mortar, we turn-keyed a new landmark for our community.
- 100% Success on K-12 Seismic Rehabilitation Projects. While several of our competitors failed to launch their awarded projects, Ausland hit the GMP’s on 100% of our awarded projects. In fact, all four schools having money left over for “wish-list items”. A huge shout out to our Carpenters and Laborers who made this effort possible.
- Southern Oregon Hospice broke ground in June, kicking off an amazing historic restoration project and new construction in the heart of old Medford.
- Another excellent historic restoration endeavor was the Wallowa Courthouse, led by Tim McDonald way up in the northwest corner of Oregon. He and the crew up there are making us all look good! They will wrap up in early-2018 with the installation of a new elevator in the 1908 building.
- We delivered a signature hospitality project at Eagle Point Golf Course, with a 12-unit Lodge.
- SOU and Jefferson Public Radio trusted us to be the team that delivered solutions for their new shared facility. completed in March 2018.
- U of O continues to trust us, lead by our Eugene team, with great projects like the Knight Library.
- We have forged important new relationships to carry us into the future, such as the First Community Credit Union (potentially seven projects) and the Chrisman Development who have hired us for the Big Valley Apartment rehabilitations (where Sherman and Rich now have little old ladies literally thanking them for the amazing renovation on their homes).
- And with all the big projects, we remember little projects, like the Jacksonville Community Center, because they matter just as much to those clients and we have worked hard to see that project meet their needs and break ground.
- And there are many, many more.
Big or small, historic or modern, old clients or new faces – we rocked them all in 2017. As another year ticks past, I realize time is so fleeting and we all choose to be here, working together, believing in the quality of what we build and believing in the brand we make together. 2017 was a great year and 2018 looks to be as big or bigger. So, celebrate a fantastic year, celebrate like it was 1999 again (if you’re old enough); thank you to each and every one of you for being part of Ausland. And soon… we will get the new Ausland Headquarters done!
I look forward to seeing all of you at our Winter Celebration and Awards Party in February.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all.