A replacement of two patient buildings totaling 31,398 sq. ft. in the heart of the VA’s active SORCC medical campus in White City, Oregon. The projects were inherently complex, due to the medical activities surrounding construction, and included an occupied campus, logistical concerns, limited access and modification of an underground network of service tunnels.
An 18,000 square foot structure was demolished to accommodate this project. Ausland recycled or reused over 95% of the materials from the old building. Remnants from the 1940’s structure can now be found throughout the Rogue Valley in new projects that make use of these recycled materials.